Plato Parents As Teachers (PAT) Home
What is Parents as Teachers all about?;
Parents as Teachers is a FREE program offered through the Plato school district. The program is available to every family beginning during pregnancy and ending when children enter kindergarten. Enrollment can take place at any time during this age range. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office at (417) 458-4700 to enroll. Parents are their children’s first teachers and will always be their most important. Let P.A.T. empower you with the knowledge to make sound parenting decisions to help your child.
All children will learn, grow and develop to realize their full potential.
To provide the information, support, and encouragement parents need to help their children develop optimally during the crucial early years of life.
PARENTS AS TEACHERS:
- gives children a solid foundation for school successes
- increases parents’ confidence in giving their child the best start
- promotes a strong parent-child relationship
- develops a true partnership between parents and schools
- provides a means for early detection of potential learning problems
THROUGH THE USE OF:
- Personal visits – from a trained educator/certified teacher
- Group meetings – gives parents new insights and allows them to share experiences, concerns, and successes
- Yearly developmental screenings - until entry in kindergarten
- Resource networking – links families with other services beyond the scope of the program
All of the above are accomplished through partnering and reflection with your parent educator. Contact me soon so we can begin our journey!
(Select Browser Playback)
AR Parent Login